We are thrilled to learn that our president, Jim Cameron, was nominated for the Fellow of Distinction Award, and has been selected as this years’ recipient!
Jim has been actively involved in the insurance industry throughout his over 30 year career, and is highly sought for his expertise, passion and philanthropy. Jim is a past president of the Ontario Insurance Adjuster’s Association, has facilitated several CIP and other courses for the Insurance Institute, and is an active member of the Huntington Society of Canada. Jim was recently awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for his work fundraising and creating awareness for the Huntington Society.
Please join us in congratulating Jim! We’re very proud to have him as our boss.
Jim’s award will be presented at the GTA Fellows’ Reception on February 12th, 2013. We hope to see you there!
Sharon, Jim, Kim, Jeannie & Susan at the 2012 OIAA Christmas Party
With the summer fast approaching, we got to thinking of C.A.M.P.! Even though this C.A.M.P. doesn’t involve mosquitoes and campfires, we’re still very excited.
This program is specifically tailored to your needs. We offer one-on-one coaching and mentoring both in-person and on the phone.
Who this program suits:
- Small claims departments
- Claims handlers who need focussed and specific training
- New adjusters
- Adjusters transitioning to handle a new line of claims (e.g. from Auto Physical Damage to Bodily Injury or Accident Benefits or from Personal Lines to Commercial)
- Brokerages who handle claims in-house
This is a suggested program:
- One on one mentoring with an experienced claims professional
- In-person & telephone mentoring
- Technical assistance on coverage and procedural issues
- Assistance with file action plans, including investigation
- Call observations, and feedback
- Assistance with correspondence response
- Reserve recommendations
- Exposure identification
- Negotiation best practices
- Statement taking basics, observation & feedback
- Coaching on the Litigation process
In a nutshell, this program provides you with immediate technical expertise, coaching and training to further hone your claims handling skills.
Program Delivery and Timelines:
Month one: One to two days per week of side-by-side coaching (can be full or half days), followed by as-needed phone consultations, charged hourly
Month two: One to two days every two weeks of side-by-side coaching, followed by as-needed phone consultations, charged hourly
Ongoing: Phone consultations, with one day per month of side-by-side coaching and follow-up after month 2
If you have specific claims training requirements for an individual or small group, we can design this program for you.
We’d love to chat more about our C.A.M.P., let us know how we can help!
Nicole Langley, Training & Business Development: *protected email* or 416-306-2857
Brian Grieve, Vice President: *protected email* or 416-350-7359